07 Feb 12
Sold for 116% of asking in 6 days!
This spacious and completely updated family home is located in the much sought after neighbourhood of Roncesvalles.
The home offers a range of amenities within easy walking distance. Cafes, shops, the Revue Cinema, and local library are all an easy stroll away. The schools in the area are highly regarded and the Bloor subway line is easily reached in minutes.
This large semi detached home has two and one half stories and features four generous sized bedrooms, one is currently used as a second floor family room. The lower level has been finished for use as a play or media room. The main floor has high ceilings and is very bright with two set of bay windows. The living room and family have decorative fireplaces, original to the home. High baseboards and pocket doors add charm and character. The family sized kitchen is modern with light oak cabinetry and pantry. The quartz countertop and ceramic subway tile backsplash complete the modern look. The Miele dishwasher is paneled to match the cabinets. The fridge is a large stainless steel LG model. The stove is gas and microwave is an over the range venting model.
A powder room and linen closet is located off the kitchen. The mud room, prefect for kids muddy boots is located off the kitchen and allows direct access to the deck & garden. The yard is fully fenced in cedar and is an excellent extension for family space.
The master suite located on the third floor is the perfect adult retreat. A spa four piece bathroom and large walk-in closet with closet completes the floor.
The home has undergone several extensive renovations which include the replacement of all wiring and the addition of bathrooms – there is a bathroom on every floor of this home.
Most windows have been replaced and during the 2010 basement renovation when pot lights and a powder room were added, additional insulation was added. Combined with the owned “On Demand” hot water heater, this home has under gone an energy audit and has been made much more energy efficient..
The richly stained hardwood floors are mostly original restored oak with matching new oak added in the kitchen, family room and upper corridor. Carpeting is wool (2008) on the main floors, wool blend in the basement and was done in 2010.
Permit parking is easily available on street $30/mthly.
Features of the Property
- Front porch redone 2011
- Front & side of house painted 2011
- Home completely rewired
- Oak hardwood floors restained a rich mid tone on main floor, second floor corridor and family room 2008
- Kitchen renovated in 2008 including new light oak cabinet fronts, large pantry, quartz counter tops, white subway tile backsplash, double stainless sink, LG stainless steel front side by side fridge, Miele dishwasher with panel front, gas range and over the range microwave oven
- Oversized square double stainless steel kitchen sink
- Mud room off kitchen, direct access to back yard
- Back yard fully fenced, deck added 2010 in cedar
- Most windows replaced, all windows re-caulked on exterior
- Flashing on roof replaced in 2008
- Grading around house redone to ensure proper drainage away from house at back yard
- Basement refinished 2010, including addition of 2 pc. Powder room, pot lights, new wool blend carpeting in rec room & on lower level stairs, addition of tool room, storage created under stairs, direct access to back yard form basement.
- Newer (2008) wool carpeting on all stairs & bedrooms
- Main floor living room and second floor family room have decorative fireplace
- Pocket doors into dining room
- Living room, dining room and family room have high ceilings and large bay windows creating very bright interior
- Family room book shelving
- Third floor master suite includes 4 pc. Bathroom with spa soaker tub and separate shower
- Large master walk in closet include organizers
- Tank less On Demand Hot water tank – owned
- Insulation of basement done in 2010 during rec room renovation
- Custom window coverings throughout
- Neutral décor throughout
- Bloor subway & High Park minutes walk away
- Close to cafes, shops, restaurants and cinema
- Excellent neighbourhood schools
- Easy street permit parking ($30/mo.)
Pricing and Info
Sold for 116% of asking in 6 days!